Jefferson Oil Company Tanks in The Reivers (Location)

Display Label: 
Oil Company Tanks
Type: 
Other Structure
Authority : 
Text (when unambiguous)
Other Texts Location Appears In: 
X: 
1160
Y: 
835
Description: 

This is the first 'gas station' in Yoknapatawpha. A few years before 1905, due to the advent of the automobile, the oil company added "a special tank of gasoline, with a pump," to its oil tanks "on the side track at the [train] depot" (48).

Role: 
Site of Event
Status: 
Continuous
If "Other Structure," specify: 
Oil and Gasoline Tanks

digyok:node/location/8622